|Pracovná pozícia:||EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR KENYA & THAILAND|
|Spoločnosť:||International Humanity Foundation|
|Druh práce:||Volunteering - NGO|
|Min.prax:||0 r. |
|Dátum pridania:||12 05 2017|
|Popis:||IHF is looking for a hard-working, dedicated Executive Director volunteer to commit his/her time and talents to undertake senior management of our children’s homes in Kenya and Thailand and have responsibility for our global fundraising, grants, our online presence, organisational policy, strategy and knowledge management.
Who are we?
IHF is a non-religious, non-political, non-profit organization that strongly believes in an equal opportunity for all and in preserving the cultures, traditions and beliefs of the marginalized communities it works in. We are a grassroots, all-volunteer organization with no central office.
Our Kenya center in Nakuru is a home to provide basic needs such as a home, food, and access to education for approximately 50 children who would otherwise go without.
Our center in Thailand is a home for five older children from a nearby hill tribe. Teenagers from this marginalized community come to our center for a stable home and the chance for an education.
Why join us?
The Executive Director will have the following main tasks:
● Oversee the management of our children’s homes in Nakuru, Kenya and Chiang Rai, Thailand. Ensure financial stability of the homes and compliance with local children’s, home registration, employment and NGO/Foundation reporting legislation.
● This opportunity is based in Nakuru, Kenya.
● Recruit, manage and support teams of Co-Directors in each children’s home and in our
International online teams.
● Lead on global fundraising and the financial sustainability of IHF.
● Report directly to our CEO/Founder and the Board of Trustees.
● Review and develop policy and Procedure for volunteer recruitment and management, financial processes, our media presence, immigration and program development.
● Lead on child policy and child protection.
● Develop and implement global knowledge management systems.
● Hands on work in the children’s homes to understand the Family environment, culture and challenges in each center.
● You are expected to work 54 hours per week.
This work will be challenging, but you will hone your time management skills and be an essential part of the functioning of an all-volunteer run, grassroots NGO. This is an opportunity to shape the company’s future as well as your own. You will gain a better understanding of international NGOs.
What you’ll need for this position?
● Qualifications: We welcome applicants with any background, but prefer degrees in business, finances, social studies, languages, education, medicine, law, and social work:
● Graduate level education (Essential)
● Postgraduate qualification (Desirable)
● Training in administration/management (Essential)
● Senior management experience in the voluntary sector (Essential)
● Experience in fundraising, advocacy and public relations, including working with media
● Experience of working in Africa (Essential)
● Experience in senior level contract negotiation and programme delivery with government/inter-governmental agencies and corporate bodies (Essential)
● Direct experience of working with children, especially teenagers (Essential)
● Experience of working in Asia (will be considered as an asset
● Experience in management at a distance (will be considered as an asset)
● Excellent knowledge and understanding of implementing development programmes in Africa
with a variety of institutional donors (Essential)
● Knowledge of child protection policy and procedure (Essential)
● Knowledge of children and employment legislation and ability to understand this in the
context of Kenya and Thailand.
● Knowledge of donor relations and individual fundraising (Desirable)
● Skills and Competence:
● Excellent written English language and oral communication skills (Essential)
● Sound understanding of financial and budgetary processes and previous experience of
managing programme budgets in excess of £1m (Essential)
● Ability to inspire and motivate a multi-cultural team (Essential)
● Ability to process and interpret complex information (Essential)
● Ability to prioritise and manage own workload (Essential)
● Ability to develop teamwork remotely using the available technology (Essential)
● Personal attributes
● Ability to work unsocial/irregular hours.
● Ability to communicate and work with a wide range of people of diverse background and
● Commitment to the values expressed in IHF’s mission.
Each IHF center is a product of its environment and follows the cultural code and norms of its host country. That’s why you will need to swing in evolving and adapting and be the proud owner of a high intercultural sensitivity by showing your tolerance and respect to different views and ways of life.
Ok, but what about the pay?
As an Executive Director, you will receive a salary of US$500 per month.
Candidates are subject to a 3 months training and probation period during which they will receive half their stipend. Candidates might be asked to become a co-director first to understand the organization.
Strict IHF Policy: These stipends are fixed. They will not be raised for more experienced applicants, and everyone will be upgraded according to the timeframes outlined above. There are no exceptions to this rule, regardless of what the situation may be in the center.
Interested? What are you waiting for then?
Let’s get to know each other!
Get to know us through different canals:
● You can read the IHF Annual report 2015 that contains the latest information about IHF Centers, Programs, Achievements, Finances and many more at http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1317609/5a9ccb829e/547236145/08e4c4e6f7/
● Or why not check out our blog, where you can find stories of current and former volunteers http://ihfblog.wordpress.com/home/
● You can also read about us at http://rt.wildasia.org/2013/10/25/2013-inspiring-stories-destinations/ were you will see that we won the “Inspiring Story -- Responsible Tourism Award” in 2013! And our great ratings at http://greatnonprofits.org/org/international-humanity-foundation-1
Now you are more familiar with us, give us the chance to get to know you by applying through our website at the following link: http://www.ihfonline.org/volunteer-application
|Adresa:||US IHF Head Office 4311 Pavlov Ave. San Diego, CA, 92122|
|Reaguj na ponuku Pošli ponuku priateľovi|