|Pracovná pozícia:||Work-Study Volunteer Kenya, Indonesia or|
|Spoločnosť:||International Humanity Foundation|
|Druh práce:||Volunteering - NGO|
|Min.prax:||0 r. |
|Dátum pridania:||12 05 2017|
|Popis:||IHF is looking for forward-thinking, dynamic individuals of all ages/backgrounds to contribute to our international centers as part of our Volunteer Work Study Program. Our foundation has five centers across Indonesia, Kenya and Thailand and is run entirely by volunteers just like you, who have made commitments ranging from two weeks to multiple years.
Who are we?
IHF is a non-religious, non-political, non-profit organization that strongly believes in an equal opportunity for all and in preserving the cultures, traditions and beliefs of the marginalized communities it works in. We are a grassroots, all-volunteer organization with no central office.
Our Kenya center in Nakuru is a home to provide basic needs such as a home, food, and access to education for approximately 50 children who would otherwise go without.
In Indonesia, we have three educational centers in Bali, Jakarta and Medan. All Indonesia centers host free English, math and computer classes to provide low-income students with the opportunity to compete with wealthier students for scholarships and jobs. The centers also host special workshops every week to expose students to a wide variety of subjects and to instil a general love of learning in them.
Our center in Thailand is a home for five older children from a nearby hill tribe. Teenagers from this marginalized community come to our center for a stable home and the chance for an education.
Why join us?
● Because we have our centres in Thailand, Indonesia and Kenya and our volunteers come from all parts of the world, you will have the occasion to work in an international and online environment.
● You are asked to complete at least 4 hours a day of local work and 4 hours a day of international work, 6 days a week.
● For the international tasks, you will be assigned to teams made up of volunteers from other centers and you will work on administrative tasks for not just the center you are staying in, but for the whole organization. Your tasks may include producing media content, assisting with
fundraising efforts and generating online outreach efforts to promote our organization’s goals and projects.
● For local tasks, you will mostly gain experience in the assistance of the day-to-day maintenance of the Center’s programs and initiatives, in the effort to provide a better chance for children’s futures (local tasks). Your tasks may include producing media content, assisting with fundraising efforts and generating online outreach efforts to promote our organization’s goals and projects.
During your mission at our Indonesia education centers, you will have the unique opportunity to teach English to young students for whom English is a tool to secure better jobs in the future. In our children’s home in Kenya, daily tasks will include assisting with homework and organizing projects and activities for the children once they are back from the schools.
● All volunteers have a swing at delivering their parts and jump at the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues on projects.
● You will be supervised and guided by long-term volunteer co-Directors at your center, who will listen to your ideas and work with you on a daily basis.
● Before arrival at the center, you will already become a part of our international team by completing pre-trip tasks with our international teams to gain an understanding of the kind of work you will be doing.
This work can be challenging, but you will hone your time management skills and learn intimately how an NGO functions at the ground level. This experience will give you an important advantage in your next career possibilities. You will leave IHF with new highly transferable skills, a better understanding of international NGOs, and an unforgettable experience that will last the rest of your life.
What you’ll need for this position?
● Fluency in both written and spoken English is essential.
● We value volunteers who are creative and innovative, willing to take responsibility and easily adapt to new conditions and unexpected situations.
● Our candidates are willing to make a commitment of minimum 4 weeks.
● Minimum age requirement is 18 years old.
Each IHF center is a product of its environment and follows the cultural code and norms of its host country. That’s why you will need to swing in evolving and adapting and be the proud owner of a
high intercultural sensitivity by showing your tolerance and respect to different views and ways of life.
A lot of NGO’s offer volunteering, but the cost for staying at their facilities is huge. What about the costs for being a volunteer at IHF?
We provide basic accommodation and food at our centers, where you will live with your co-workers. Even if our foundation is run entirely by volunteers just like you, we still manage to provide you these amenities for only
● $75 per week, during the first 4 weeks;
● $55 per week, as of the 5th week.
You will be responsible for your travel and insurance expenses or any other related costs and you can count on our teams to help you out with your travel and visa planning. We will also do our best to comply with guidelines to secure any grant or scholarship funding available at your university.
You want to stay longer?
For those volunteers interested in a longer commitment and even more fulfilling experience, we also offer an extended version of the program that we call: Long Term Work Study or internship. It is a perfect opportunity to significantly change the lives of our children through the work on various long term projects such as: improving the marks and personal guidance, improving the behaviour, fundraising projects and many more.
The conditions of the program:
● The program is only available in Bali, Indonesia (3 to 6 months) and Nakuru, Kenya (3-12 months)
● The minimum age is 21 years old.
In this role, you will complete the four hours of international work and four hours of local work as part of the Work Study Program, but will have increased responsibility and more opportunity to particularize your tasks to your skills. If you are interested in a more involved experience, please apply for the Work Study Program and note your interest in the Internship Program. We will work with you to assess your skills and how you can best contribute your time.
Interested? What are you waiting for then?
Let’s get to know each other!
Get to know us through different canals:
● You can read the IHF Annual report 2015 that contains the latest information about IHF Centers, Programs, Achievements, Finances and many more at http://hosted.verticalresponse.com/1317609/5a9ccb829e/547236145/08e4c4e6f7/
● Or why not check out our blog, where you can find stories of current and former volunteers http://ihfblog.wordpress.com/home/
● You can also read about us at http://rt.wildasia.org/2013/10/25/2013-inspiring-stories-destinations/ were you will see that we won the “Inspiring Story -- Responsible Tourism Award” in 2013! And our great ratings at http://greatnonprofits.org/org/international-humanity-foundation-1
Now you are more familiar with us, give us the chance to get to know you by applying through our website at the following link: http://www.ihfonline.org/volunteer-application
|Adresa:||US IHF Head Office 4311 Pavlov Ave. San Diego, CA, 92122|
|Reaguj na ponuku Pošli ponuku priateľovi|